Thursday, October 4, 2007

Making the PEACE Plan Personal

Please refer to previous posts "The PEACE Plan", "5 Global Giants", "The Solution", "The Plan" and "PEACE Trips" prior to reading this post so that it makes sense.

The following content is a summary of what Rick Warren has laid out in his global peace plan.
--
The PEACE Plan begins with Christians understanding how the Great Commission of Jesus impacts life on a daily basis. What does it mean to live "on-mission" 24/7?

The PEACE Plan has three components to help every believer be a world-class Christian:
1. Personal PEACE
2. Local PEACE
3. Global PEACE

Personal PEACE is what each person can do within their circles of influence as it relates to the five areas (planting churches, equipping leaders, assisting the poor, caring for the sick, and educating the next generation). Below is a list of suggestions you can use today to begin living on-missions in each of the five areas. These are given just as examples to get you started. use your creativity to add new actions for each area!

Plant Churches. What I can do...
- Believe God could uses me to host a new group!
- Begin praying for two to four people who do not have a relationship with Jesus.
- Invite them to my new small group.
- Seek opportunities to share the Good News through my testimony.
- Invite and bring someone to an evangelistic church service.

Equip Servant Leaders. What I can do...
- Invite two to four believers to share the responsibility of my small group.
- Encourage them to pair us as spiritual partners to grow in God's five purposes for their lives.
- Help a believer take their next steps with God in their spiritual journey.
- Meet with someone over coffee to share what God is doing in my life.
- Invite and bring them to my small group.

Assist the Poor. What I can do...
- Pray for people in my spheres of influence that are in financial need.
- Ask God to make me aware of people living in poverty around me and commit some of my time, talent and money (beyond my tithe) to assist these people on a regular basis.
- Seek to help them in practical ways through job searches, budget planning or assisting in debt reduction.
- Teach them a new skill or provide tools through classes or training.

Care for the Sick. What I can do...
- Do an act of practical kindness to someone I know who is sick; them them a meal, offer to shuttle them to the doctor, do errands or shopping for them, watch their children, or send an encouraging note.
- Pray for healing, strength, comfort and peace with those I know who are physically suffering.
- Commit to praying daily for two weeks for that person.
- Communicate genuine concern by following up with that person.

Educate the Next Generation. What I can do...
- Look for someone younger with whom I could build a relationship and become a mentor.
- Encourage someone around me who may be struggling as a result of a bad choice or who lacks an educational opportunity.
- Help them enroll in English as a Second Language classes.
- Offer to tutor or support them.

--
Please feel free to share some creative ideas that you have for any of these 5 areas of PEACE. In your comment, state which area(s) of PEACE and then your idea. Thanks for your feedback!

No comments: