Thursday, August 7, 2008

Questions for a Worship Leader - #1

Q) When did you first realize your desire to lead others in Worship?

A) Worship has always been the lifeblood of my relationship with my Creator. Some of my fondest memories of worshiping have been the times when I would sing praise and worship songs in my bedroom as a teenager and get on my knees before God and just sit in His presence. It was inspiring, it was life-altering, and it was the most effective way that I connected with God as a new follower of Jesus.

It was after this foundation was laid that I began to take this worship that God had put in my heart out from behind closed doors. I started by leading worship with a youth group that I was a part of; from there I began leading worship in our main church services before going to college to begin my worship leading career. Helping others find the place where God can really do some inspiring and life-altering work was and still remains the motivating force behind my taking this gift outside of my small sanctuary of a bedroom into what I hope one day will be the nations.

Questions for a Worship Leader BLOG Series

No comments: