Monday, August 25, 2008

Questions for a Worship Leader - #4

Q) Describe a healthy relationship between senior pastor and worship leader.

A) I think that a healthy relationship between senior pastor and worship leader begins with just that, a relationship. As a worship leader, I want to know and appreciate my senior pastor, even on a personal level. At the same time I want my senior pastor to know and appreciate me on a personal level. After that relationship has been established, the next phase is to earn and build trust. Mutual cooperation and a shared vision are the foundations to that trust. True leaders lead by example and inspiration, not by a position of authority. Once the foundation of mutual trust has been established then both leaders have the opportunity to challenge each other to become better, dream bigger and carry out the call that God has for that congregation. A healthy relationship between senior pastor and worship leader is a shared calling to see God do what only God can do in a community of believers and beyond.


Questions for a Worship Leader - BLOG Series

No comments: