Monday, August 11, 2008

Questions for a Worship Leader - #2

Q)How would you best summarize your relationship to God?

A)I would say that my relationship with God is authentic, open and real. It has taken me quite some time to unlearn religiosity and learn how to be completely real and authentic not only with God but also in my portrayal of God to others. Obviously I consider myself a work in progress and the more that I learn about God the more I realize how much I don’t know about Him. I view God as personable and fully interested in my daily activities, decisions, relationships, hopes and dreams; yet I also see God as quite mysterious.

It is in that mystery that I find adventure, risk, fulfillment, delight and sometimes even sorrow. Duty has been replaced by friendship, yet the mystery keeps me in proper perspective to continue to “fear God” as the Scriptures command.

Questions for a Worship Leader - BLOG Series

No comments: